We at Margate pediatrics the best holistic care take our patients safety during summer sports participation very seriously
Functional medicine clinic at Margate pediatrics is fully aware
That patients have to participate in sports.
Following steps will ensure safe participation and avoid any injuries during sports.
General rules for injury prevention
Primary goal of sports medicine is to ensure safe participation in sports and activities
Use protective equipment (when applicable)
Adhere to safety rules and concept of fair-play
Educate athletes, parents and coaches on safety
Maintain general fitness, rest, and proper nutrition
Margate pediatrics is the best holistic care clinic in Margate
Helmets: properly fitted
– Football, hockey, baseball, lacrosse, cycling
Mouth guards: to prevent dental injury
– For functionally one-eyed athletes or sports with high risk of eye injury.
<20/40 in one eye = “one-eyed”
Athletic cup: or activity restrictions if only one testicle
Braces: if necessary protect mcl, lcl
– prevent re-injures, soft ankle brace
– Ankle sprains, dl/ol in football.
– Many injuries in sport come from aggressive play
– Most leagues have adopted rules of fiar-play
Codes of conduct
– New rules for safety- constantly changing, need to be up-to-date
Checking increased risk fractures, concussion
2011: no checking in hockey for ages 12 and under
Education: athletes, parents, coaches
For best holistic care, integrative and functional pediatrics please call Margate pediatrics at 954-975-4611 to set up a prenatal consult for your new born.