Office Policy and Procedures
- For life threatening emergencies, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
- 24/7 access to quality patient care
- Same day or next day appointments available
- Weekend hours:
- After Hours: Call main office number for any emergencies when you need to speak to the doctor on call.
- For prescription refills, referrals, and lab results, you can only call during regular office hours.
- Notify at least 48-72 hours in advance if you need prescription to be refilled or need forms for school.
- For referrals, the normal processing time maybe from 5-10 business days.
We ask patients not to walk in without an appointment. Walk-ins lead to increased wait time with scheduled patients. If you arrive without an appointment, we will schedule your child for the next available appointment time.
You and your child are an important part of our health care team, so calling our office to schedule your appointment and cooperating with the policies above, will help us to improve on the timeliness of our care.
Late or Early Arrivals
We ask that you arrive for your appointment on time. Late and early arrivals increase wait times for other patients. If you arrive more than 30 minutes late for your appointment, it may need to be rescheduled. If you arrive more than 15 minutes early for your appointment, you may wait in our waiting area, however you will be asked to check back in with the front office staff closer to your appointment time.
Cancellation of Appointments
If you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment, we ask you to call our office during regular business hours to reschedule. This will allow us to make better use of our available appointments for those patients in need of medical care. Please call to reschedule 24-hours in advance.
Fees for Forms and Letters
Writing letters for patients, and/or preparing forms, incurs additional time from the physician and the office staff in addition to medical checkup and procedures performed on the patient.
These services are not reimbursed by the insurance companies. Therefore, we charge a nominal fee for those services.
Forms & Billing
New Patient Paperwork
- Dear Patient.
- Download These Documents, Fill Them Out, And Bring At The Time Of Your Appointment OR You Can Fax Us At 954-975-4079
We accept all insurances including Florida Medicaid and Health Kids Program.
We recommend that you contact your insurance prior to your appointment:
- To verify we are “Participating Provider” on your plan.
- To verify if your plan requires you to select a Primary Care Provider (PCP). If so, please make sure MARGATE PEDIACTRICS or ALIYA ASAD M.D. is your assigned PCP.
- To verify your “deductible” amount and “estimate” of out of pocket costs for the visit, which will be your responsibility for the visit.
- For any Billing Questions Call: 954 507 4460